Newfoundland has an active and lively Project Healing Waters Canada program. It has been operating since 2011. Currently, the Director of the Program is Ryan Edwards, a veteran himself.
For those of you new to our website or indeed, looking to know more about Newfoundland’s program, here are some brief facts:
- The program started with four members and now there are eleven – no doubt more to come!
- The group has gone on two Atlantic Salmon trips and many small trout trips.
- It is the only program in Canada that meets on a weekly basis.
- The group members tie flies and build rods in the winter season.
- The Program has evolved its work into a peer support group.
Here is Ryan on a trip to Denver, Colorado, where he fished with members of the U.S. Project Healing Waters program from that city.
newfoundland group’s first salmon trip
Below is a group shot of members of the Newfoundland Project Healing Waters Canada program on an outing to a place called Pipper’s Hole, two hours north of where the group meets. This was the first trip to fish for salmon. Ryan brought along a bottle of Champagne and during lunch the group toasted their fallen brothers.