Our New Brunswick Miramichi River trip took place between July 21 and July 24 2014, at Rapid Waters Lodge. Four veterans with PTSD took part. While most of the three days were too warm for fishing, we did enjoy fishing Carl MacKay’s private salmon pool.
new brunswick miramichi river songs
Besides the fishing activity and a fly tying demonstration, we enjoyed “time on the deck”, a guitar night of Miramichi River and Newfoundland folk songs. Furthermore, the river also afforded us the opportunity to enjoy a three hour tube float trip. Throughout the trip, we also feasted on John Cook’s great food.
Special thanks go to the following contributors and volunteers:
- Rapid Waters Lodge and its owner, John Cook, who donated the great lodging and meals.
- Isabel Loughead who made the arrangements for fishing the water and guiding.
- Carl MacKay for providing his private fishing pool and the entertainment.
- Atlantic Salmon Federation’s Geoff Giffin and Howie Gould who provided a fly tying demonstration. They also donated annual membership in the Atlantic Salmon Federation for the participants.
- Lt. Connor M. Atchison, JPSU, and Glenn Park, OSISS, CFB Gagetown
- Goguen Architecture Inc. who donated organizational services.